Dear Ones,
   Thank you for the fascinating discussion particularly in the area of
   Jacques de Saint Luc.   Anna, thank you for including mentioning me in
   the discussion, as I authored an article about St. Luc in a recent Lute
   Society of America Quarterly.
   I am a performer, not a scholar, and I merely quoted those who have
   written on the topic of St. Luc, and I have done no primary research
   into this area.   The big question is who authored the majority of his
   works; was it indeed Jacques (b. 1616), or his sons Jacques-Alexandre
   (b. 1663) or Laurent (b. 1669) ?   According to the Scholar Phillipe
   Vendrix, there is no conclusive evidence that either of his sons were
   involved with music.   The confusion is that if Jacques died around
   1710, in his mid 90's, it would seem that he would have been very old
   to still be involved with music performance or composition.   However,
   there are a few examples of great musical people from the time living
   to a very old age, such as Telemann and Stradivarius.
   I was unaware that Evangelina Mascardi has a recording available of
   music for St. Luc;   I just ordered it and look forward to reading the
   notes by  Manuel Couvreur as well of hearing Mascardi's interpretation.
   I do not have an opinion on the matter of defining authorship, but
   rather I have a natural curiosity on the topic.   If anyone has
   evidence in defining the true author, I would enthusiastically love to
   read the results.
   With very best wishes,
   Edward Martin

   On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 8:08 AM, stephan.olbertz