On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 11:11:24AM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Amir Karger wrote:
> [...]
> > Oops! It turns out that the LyX reading subroutines can't parse "\layout
> > Abstract ". Yes, that extra space breaks LyX. But since it's called
> > "Style Abstract " in the layout files, reLyX puts that extra space in. I
> > fixed it by having reLyX remove any space from the end of layout names. But
> > I still think LyX is lame for breaking.
>
> Looks like we need a layout.name.strip().

Is that a cvs commit I see?

I don't know what this thing you're talking about is, but I gather you need
it either in buffer.C line 343 (when you read "\layout foo")
or layout.C line 1139 (sub NumberOfLayout). (I assume that the strip already
happens when you read the layout file, and it's just a question of putting
the strip in when you read a .lyx file.

> > I'm attaching the LyX document that reLyX generated. I *think* it generated
> > the right thing. Nonetheless, LyX considers it two paragraphs within the
> > same theorem. Is this a FAQ? Is there a fix that reLyX should know about?
>
> The "standard" work-around is:
>
> [snip]
>
> That is, if two environments of the same type follow one another at the
> same depth (ie. in a list etc.)  then you need to have something in
> between them with a different layout.  The simplest option is to use a
> LaTeX paragraph with a % in it.  This trick is described in the FoilTeX
> docs and example file and also in BUGS.lyx (it used to be I haven't
> rechecked).

I *thought* this was a FAQ, though it's not in the FAQ (whatever happened to
the FAQ?) or BUGS.lyx.

While we're talking about BUGS.lyx: sqrt is still listed in BUGS.lyx. If
Alejandro's patch works, that can probably be taken out.

While we're talking about BUGS: The file BUGS in the main distribution
directory currently has exactly one bug from 0.11.51. Does this bug still
exist? If it does, it probably doesn't fall under the "fixed really quick"
category, so it ought to be moved to BUGS.lyx.

JMarc, the page you mention in BUGS claims to have been last updated on
1998-01-16. That's rather a long time ago, don't you think?

-Amir