Martin> Jean-Marc, should this go into branch too? - Martin

Well, it does not fit with the definition of Wide() in 1.4.x.

Conerning the need for the fix, I think it just hides the bug in a
particular case. The real fix would be to manage to get rid of this
wide() thing :)

It is possible to set paragraphs centered in almost all text insets,
so blocking it in floats seems a bit vain. The bug remains for
branches for example, and I do not think it would be a good idea to
disable wide() in branches just for that.

What is the correct behavior we would like to obtain for centered
paragraphs in a wide inset, BTW? Would it be really difficult to
change metrics computation so that a centered paragraph always tries
to occupy the whole screen width (like with a hfill)? I think this
would solve the problem in a better way.