Dear Sirs,

I’m a first time user, finishing my PhD and looking at alternatives to replace
Word. I ran the installer LyX-143-5 and managed to install LyX after a few
problems which I think related with a faulty MikTeX 2.5 installation. But I’m
still struggling to have it running smoothly. The problem is one that has been
reported but for which I didn’t find a fix or workaround.

> The document uses a missing TeX class "cv" (and many others)
> LyX will not be able to produce output

In my case the problem occurred when I tried to open the sample files that come
with LyX. What shall I do to fix it? And what needs to be done to install new
classes or styles?

I would appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Jaime Remedios