On Thursday 16 May 2002 3:21 pm, John Levon wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 03:20:08PM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:
> > (partly to keep the cycle shorter, partly to work out what hierarchy
>
> I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one worried about 1.3. With the
> current stuff slated for it, it won't be out until 2004 :(

Isn't that what branches are for? Why don't we set up a GUII branch and play
there. Ditto André/Jürgen could set up a RewriteCursorCodeToUseMetrics
branch. It isn't too hard to maintain a branch against changes in head if the
merging of changes in head into the branch is done regularly. Thereafter,
merging of the branch back into head can be fraught with difficulties, but
the alternative, creating a diff file and applying that is dead easy.

I really think we should be making more use of branches.

Angus