Angus Leeming wrote:

> The External inset can now do *almost* everything that the Graphics
> inset does. Some functionality is missing still however:
> 1. The Graphics inset has this SubFigure stuff. This shouldn't be a
> part of the inset, so I haven't added it to the External inset.
> Instead, we should move the functionality out of the Graphics inset
> and into a new SubFigure inset, also as you describe.
> 2. The Graphics inset exports bitmapped graphics and vector graphics
> differently, albeit in a hard-coded manner. It should be
> straight-forward to define different External templates for these so
> that they do the right thing when converted to postscript or pdf
> documents using either latex or pdflatex. However, it still needs to
> be done.

What is the difference?

> 3. The Graphics inset can handle .ps.gz files. Some thought is needed
> about how best this can be done by the External inset.

4. The external inset does not use the fallback converter convertDefault.sh.
This renders the bitmap external template unusable in default
installations.

5. The filename is not exported correctly in some complicated cases, as
Jean-Marc pointed out recently.

6. Displaying the image is not on by default ;-)

Georg