For the last two years I've enthusiastically taken on the port of LyX to MacOS X, including the Qt/X11 version and LyX/Mac, which uses the GPL Qt/Mac library to build a version of LyX for the native Mac Aqua graphics display. Jean-Marc Lasgouttes and the other members of the LyX developers team have created such splendidly portable code, and they are so helpful and knowledgeable that the ports were relatively easy. As a result, LyX/Mac-1.3.4 is a stable, highly functional, and very easy-to-install MacOS X application. I've very much enjoyed being part of the porting and packaging effort.

But, I am now heavily engaged in a new book (#9) and have virtually no time available to me for further development or maintenance work on LyX/Mac. The new versions of LyX that are emerging from the development team need a new maintainer/developer for the MacOS X platform. A knowledge of LyX internals, C++, and MacOS X development is useful, but if I can learn-on-the-job, I suspect anyone with an interest can. The pay stinks, but you'll have the privilege of working with a remarkably bright and simpatico group of developers, the eternal gratitude of Mac users of LyX, and the pleasures of working with a terrific product.

Write me offline or in one on one of these mailing lists for details of the status of LyX/Mac-1.4.0. Regards, and thanks to whoever is willing to become the new adoptive parent/guardian of this thriving baby.
--

Ronald Florence www.18james.com