Steve Litt wrote:
On Tuesday 19 February 2008 02:01, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Steve Litt wrote:

Then there's the fact that some of us have dialup, and some in rural
areas are years from getting broadband. The "just upgrade your qt"
suggestion could be a day's downloading over a phone line that could go
down any time.

Most of the free software I've written has been in Perl or Ruby or Vim,
but I've always tried very hard to have it installable on almost
anything.
Man, we're talking about a full blown C++ word processor here... I
personally find your attitude a bit insulting towards the people who
develop LyX.

If I read your words correctly, you're insulted because as a C++ developer on a full blown word processor/converter project, users who need a day to download the latest Qt

Please try to investigate a bit before stating lies: Only Qt-4.1 is required for LyX-1.5, latest is Qt-4.3.

ask you to be compatible with older Qt's so that they don't need to spend a day downloading.

Yep, you don't have the right to ask me anything.

Or was your intent a subtle dig that my apps aren't full blown C++ word processor/converters?

That too yes.

Abdel.