On 5/2/16 4:01 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

So where do I buy one :-) Take my money, now!

When you say LCD controller I guess you're talking about the actual M100 displays that we already have?

The LCD controller module I wrote is a dual port controller. My idea 4 years ago was to make a replacement board for the M100 that had 2 processors ... an extended 8085 and some ARM controller. They would operate independant OSes (the ARM my be a Linux capable or simply a beefy microcontroller), and they would both be able to write to the LCD.

So the controller presents 2 M100 like LCD interfaces and then controls 1 physical connection to the real LCD. The system can display either of the 2 LCD images, but both processors can access it as it is the only guy alive. The LCD controller has RAM on each processor facing port, so reads and writes look like the real thing.

The keyboard scan controller works the same way. It provides the keyboard scanning and then presents an identical keyboard interface to the M100, and a SPI interface to the ARM. So the keyboard can be mapped to either processor. The keyboard scanner auto-detects "CTRL-SHIFT-GRAPH 1 and CTRL-SHIFT-GRAPH-2 to switch the physical LCD between the 2 processors. When a switch is made, the LCD controller automatically refreshes the physlical LCD based on the current contents of LCD port of the selected processor.

I had most (or maybe all) of this tested and working 4 years ago as I recall.

Ken