All the parts on the list I used and they worked fine.  Some of the later
parts of the numbers have to do with the speed of the parts, package type
and temp range.  So long as the speed is better than that specified you
should be fine.  Temperature range is not really relevant in this
application.  The only issue is that some of the memory and flash parts
might be in reverse format where the pins are mirrored to the normal part,
this made laying out boards much easier in the day.  This projects needs
the normal format TSOP package.

I would suggest sanding along the length of the board it could start to
delaminate if you tried to go any other way, the OSHPark boards are not of
very high quality.  You will find once you have passed the thick part and
entered the holes it will grind away much quicker just keep checking to
make sure you do not pass the guidelines.  The first one I did I nearly
overshot LOL.

Programming in the Model T could cause all sorts of problems the socket on
the board is live, not just with +5V, there are quite a few active signal
lines that go to the socket.  IF the REX board has a short you may end up
shorting out the +5V lines themselves which could damage the power supply
on the model T. The JTAG lines used to program the Xilinx also appear on
the edge of the board which means they could end up driving signal lines
on the board and over stressing components when programming. If you have
any sort of mishap while programming the board it could translate into a
damaged Model T.  The Model Ts are pretty well beyond their expected life
and in the failure part of the life cycle so any additional stress might
just push it over the edge.  You will most likely lose all the RAM
contents so make sure you have a backup of anything important.  If you do
go this route you might want to hold the model T in reset so it is not
actively running, the +5V will still be present.  Rig it so the reset
button is pressed & held in while you program.  Personally using the model
T would be a none starter for me.

A cheap alternative might be
https://www.jameco.com/z/34020-Solarbotics-5V-Breadboard-Voltage-Regulator-
Kit-Unassembled-_2115750.html.  This is a +5V power board that does need
assembly but think of it as practice for the REX board.  You could then
rig up a protoboard with the REX and this supply, then play and experiment
without worrying about the Model T.  Might reduce the stress levels all
around :)  You also have a +5V supply for the next project that comes
along and piques your interest.

Before applying power run a quick continuity check on the +5V make sure
there a no shorts.  Also inspect all the pins and around the capacitor to
make sure no solder has shorted out any pins. There are no solder balls or
streaks anywhere.  I usually ³wash² all my boards with water/alcohol mix
and an old toothbrush after assembly and before I very carefully inspect
them.  You can dry them with a paper towel.

If in doubt post the concern/question there are some very knowledgeable
folks on this site who can probably address just about all issues related
to the Model T.