Anthony,

It's actually not too difficult. Unlike the 100/102, the 200 PCB was
designed to allow this modification. I don't have access to the manuals
right now but basically, you disassemble the unit (Not an easy task so
please be careful especially with the ribbon cable connecting the
monitor) and you will see a separate PCB board holding the extra RAM
modules and the option ROM. On that PCB there are 4 holes for 2 jumpers.
The screen printing that surrounds them says Ni-CD. You just solder two
jumper wires.
I'm in the process of doing this right now. Unfortunately, my soldering
iron died so I'm waiting for a new one to arrive before I finish. After
the jumpers are put in place, the unit will trickle charge any batteries
placed in the battery compartment. So that means you can't put normal
batteries in and have AC connected at the same time.
Kurt