mComm can inject TEENY or TS-DOS for the 100/102, 200 or NEC. It's
actually just some BASIC code that I put together that pokes the program
into memory from HEX. If anyone wants to see the code they can go
through the injection process and save the file rather than run it. That
will give you a DO file that has all the BASIC code in it for injecting
DOS. It might be helpful for anyone wanting to add that Feature to their
TPDD emulator.
But it sounds like Peter's problem is more about running a CO file
rather than injecting DOS. I think there is a write up on club 100 about
running CO files. It's one of those things that people stumble on until
they have gone through the process a couple of times. A CO file is
designed to run in a certain location in memory. But the CO file itself
isn't sitting in that location. I'll do my best to try and explain.
Here is an example that is a bit on the extreme side but should show the
point. Take a Tandy 200, and the Romulus chess program. With TS-DOS
running in rom and DOS active, I go to  BASIC and try to run it from the
virtual TPDD device.
RUNM "0:CHESSX.CO"

What I get  is the following
Top: 42312
End: 56000
Exe: 42312
?OM Error

The Error means that you have an out of memory problem. BASIC can't
run the program until you clear the space for it to run. So I do
the following
Clear 0, 42312
RUNM "0:CHESS.CO"

and now the chess program runs. What the Clear command does is to lower
the available memory and create a location for the program to run.
Without this, you cannot run any CO program. The trick is knowing how
much memory to clear. That is found by looking at the Top: line when you
first try to run a CO. Hope that helps.
Kurt