Hi,

I’ve done the retrobrite on my T102 with some success. I have no idea if it
really made the plastics more brittle, but it didn’t get rid of all the yellow
although it was a huge improvement. But two weeks ago, I’ve gone another
direction with it and spray painted it mat-black. I’m very happy with the
results. I had actually sent a mail to this list, but it never seemed to have
gotten through. I used basic ’Spectrum spray paint’ and Spectrum primer. After
about 2 weeks of regular work I haven’t seen any degradation of the paint job
so far (I did go for many layers). Anyway, I can recommend this approach as for
me, I’m very happy with the result. The T102 looks like a completely new
machine. You do lose the decals below the function keys (not a problem for me…).

Erik