Interesting approach - unfortunately, we're just entering fall here
(PA, USA) and all the sunny is behind us for a while. If I don't do
something else over the winter, I may try this come spring.

Also, a previous message mentioned automotive vinyl and plastic paints.
The brand on that paint was "SEM Color Coat", and the manufacturer's
web site is https://www.semproducts.com/product/color-coattm-aerosols
That's the part of the line that's in aerosol cans, they also make
quarts and gallons for HVLP spraying.