I have three T-102 laptops and one of them takes about 20 seconds for the
main menu to come on when it boots the first time of the day or after it has
been sitting powered off a while. When powered on switching it off and back
on, the boot takes about 6 seconds.  I have replaced the memory backup
battery thinking it might be bad but it wasn't.  Is there a capacitor that
takes some time to initially charge but takes less time if the power has
been off for only a second?

Thanks in advance.  I will be selling two of the three units along with a
working tape drive and some other stuff (expansion memory chips, acoustic
coupled modem, etc.).  I won't sell a unit with a problem which is why I
would like to fix this one.

Dave