On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 6:18 PM Brian White <b.kenyo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dang, TS-DOS is specifically requesting the name "ROOT", which means I
> have to make PDDuino use that, and you can't have a real directory named
> ROOT.
>
> There is a macro or const you can edit in the main .ino to change that
> from "SD:   " to "ROOT  ".
>
> Probably won't affect UR2 but if it's baked into something like TS-DOS
> since 35 years ago, then I just have to go along.
>
> Then again... TS-DOS is the one thing that actually works pretty well as
> it is. So then, no I don't ???
>
> Anyway thanks for the captures.

I don't think that's the issue, in this case the capture was taken from the
perspective of the TPDD so RX is what the TPDD is receiving and TX is what
it is sending, so it sent ROOT - didn't ask for it and in this case it was
actually correct.. That was the name of the dir. (Sorry,that was probably
confusing.) Capture was done with a NADs box since it would be successful.

What I was seeing during testing was loading DOS100.CO from the UR2 didn't
an FDC Emulation mode command (M1) and the PDDuino didn't seem to know how
to proceed without having the dmeLabel set. If you run through one cycle
with TS-DOS where it does check for FDC, everything works after that point.
So I think there is something broken in the routine to allow for a non FDC
Emulation request, although I haven't been able to nail it down yet and I
did majorly screw everything up trying to "improve" debugging before..

Lashing together a modular test setup now with the serial port broken out
for capture. Should make it easier to get a full capture of the issue.

Brian