Hello Steve, Hello everyone

Thanks again really for taking the time... We all have lives and I really
appreciate.
I did some more research (isn't that what we all like in this hobby) and
here is what I came up with.

- I have for sure a Belgian, European, Model 102. no doubt about it.
- My little homemade PABX (phone exchange) is flawless, it works with other
modems of the era or plain analog phones.
- With a "US" BIOS (not sure which) and the REX#, the modem part is
completely broken. This is especially obvious if you hit F4 in TELCOM, the
M102 start to make awful noise (without cable, just on it's own!) and the
program seems crashed (needs reset/reboot).

>From there I tried;

- Removing the REX# (which I wouldn't have done without everyone's support
here) ; problem is the same
- Interestingly, "TERM" (F4) in TELCOM also still crashes !

Then obviously, what I tried;

- The seller did gave me my original BIOS, just marked "EU" (if I can give
you a version i'd gladly do it, I can also dump it if that's of any use the
the community)

Now... I guess I'm "stock" again.

This changes a lot of things.

The TELCO program changes a lot !
Interestingly, is has no more F1 or F2 features, F2 was called "CALL" (it
allowed me to do DTMF pulses), the feature is not there at all anymore (?!)
Hitting F4 (TERM) does not make any noise now, and does not crash.

I was able to make a link between my USR 56K and the M102, thru my PABX, by
using the ANSW mode in the M102.
I have a proper 300bps link, hows "CONNECT" on the USrobotics, and i can
see the characters I type on both sides.
(it's not yet a real useful communication but the basics are there, from
now on I can manage !)

(So I wanted to explain all that in great details first in case it ever
helps someone.)

Then the question remains ; *why* did my original owner change the BIOS to
use REX#
Is that mandatory ? Wdyt Steve ?
Is there a way I could put a "name" on my BIOSes (version, revision ? is
there a place or a CALL where this shows up ?)
What would happen if I put back the REX# with my current ("EU") BIOS ?
Does anyone have any idea why the F1/F2 (CALL) functions in TELCO
disappeared when I switched bios ?

That's a lot of questions I know :)