Sure, anything that can help the community,

CAT NO 26-3803
Serial 701400021

I just wanted to know if my problem was hardware of software, it seems to
be software - clearly the US rom breaks the modem ( and interestingly, it
also adds features like F2 pulse dialing in TELCOM, which my EU ROM does
not have. (I said DMTF in my previous mail, I meant PULSE of course))

I'll probably revert to US ROM & REX# once I've documented (probably a
video) the process of reviving and making, real, proper, modem calls with
this equipment and a few others. I just find it cute to have this wok for
real again. I don't know the situation in the US but here it's becoming
close to impossible to even have a proper PSTN line (most are VOIP on top
of cable modems), obviously none of them support pulse dialing anymore, so
well, my project "to make it work again like back in the day" is a
challenge of its own.