Thanks a lot Stephen; This is all probably easier for the original owner,
having to "onboard" not knowing the history of the device is difficult. What
was troubling to me is the releases notes that made me believe a version I did
not have (4.x) solved the Y2K problem, or a rom patch. Given the fact I know
for sure my ROM is stock US, I was wondering how the hell the Y2K worked as
expected I understand now that's because REX#v2.0 is more recent than those
v4.x release notes, thanks for the clarification ! the "blank" thing was also a
source of concern (bug ? old ram from the old owner ?) when you don't know,
well you don't know :) One thing that is yet a bit unclear to me is the loading
of an updated REX software : the manual says to load the basic probram with a
serial link, but if I get this right, the loading of the rex software image
itself can ONLY be done with a TPDD device right (not a serial link), am I
correct ? I have access to a TPDD floppy, but just want to be sure I got this
part right. thanks again for taking care of your users and customers Stephen,
that is much appreciated, Le 2022-04-13 14:32, Stephen Adolph
<twospru...@gmail.com> a écrit : > > > Cedric, > > > see comments below. cheers
Steve > > > > On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 8:12 AM Cedric Amand <ced...@cedric.net
(mailto:ced...@cedric.net)> wrote: > > > > > > Hi everyone, > > > > > > > > As
Stephen already knows, I bought a M100 from someone would did put a REX# in it,
and i'm trying to get a complete understanding of it. > > > > > > > > I have
many questions but let's start with a few > > > > I see versions of the rex
from 4.5 to 4.9, and other versions saying V2.0 or v2.1 > > > > Do some numbers
refer to hardware ? > > > > > > > REX# hardware is different from REX hardware.
The software is not interchangeable. > > REX# software is on the REX# page at
bitchin100, currently 2.1. > > REX software is the old 4.x stream. > > > > > >
get that" woftare" info ( 4.5 ? 4.9 ?) i think I sasw it once but can't
reproduce > > > > > > > > > press I. > > you don't want the old software, it
won't work on REX#. > > > > > > > > I have a RAM image called "blank". I can't
load it, it says "error ram sze mismatch" > > > > > > > that is because the
image is blank, and you have not actually saved a ram image to it. > > > > > >
> > Again not sure what's the history of my M100. Is that a RAM image I shoudl
get rid of ? > > > > > > > > > it is the default, unsaved, ram image. > > > > >
> > > It's likely my REX needs an upgrade. I have difficulties finding info
about how to do that precisely. > > > > > > > you have a REX#. > > The
instructions are on the REX# page at bitchin100. > > I try my best to document
what you need to do. > > > >
https://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=REXsharp > > > > > > > > > > > >
Final question ; my M100 display Y2K correctly, and I'm pretty sure ot's NOT
running a rex# version with the software fix. How could I know what the
previous owner did to an Y2K working like it should ? > > > > > > > > > All
REX# software fixes Y2K without needing to patch your main ROM. > > > > > > > >