Hello Brian, First of all, again thanks for taking the time to answer me in so
much detail. You're right about the confusion about TPDD client and emulators,
I actually just did the mistake, installing on my msdos computer what is
clearly an tpdd client, not an emulator. By the way here's my setup :)
https://ibb.co/ccMR2Gw I have the files from the latest REX"2.1 ZIP file, a
working serial link obviously I'm planning to use an MSDOS computer (here a
libretto out of my collection) as with a recent Maxbook pro M1 everything
becomes more complicated. What you you recommend for bootstrapping from MSDOS
(6.22) (Alternatively the libretto has Win98 if needed.) Same question for the
TPDD emulator ? The rest of your instructions are super clear, and I'll try
that right away, maybe making a summary post myself thanks! Le 2022-04-13
22:30, Brian K. White <b.kenyo...@gmail.com> a écrit : > > Yes. In fact a real
tpdd doesn't even work for this. > > It's supposed to in theory even though
it's so inconvenient to rig up > that no one would ever actually do it that
way, but I had reason to > actually try it and the rex setup util doesn't work
with either a real > TPDD1 or TPDD2. > > Anyway yes you just get the right kind
of serial cable, download the > rex# setup files and a bootstrapper program and
a tpdd server program > into a temp dir, use the bootstrapper to transfer and
run the rex# setup > utiil, start the tpdd server while the setup util is
waiting at it's > first prompt, and the setup util then fetches a file or two
from the > tpdd server while it's running. > > After that, in day to day usage
you'll use that same serial cable and > tpdd server all the time for ordinary
file transfer both ways, and in > rexmgr to install option rom images. >