The frozen thing is common for me with TELCOM as well when I remove the
serial cable. I don't know if that's a Tandy 200 thing or if it affects the
Model 100 as well.

I presume it has something to do with Carrier Detect, or the like. The
solution is to hit Shift-Break then F8. Every time you hit Shift-Break,
TELCOM seems to process one character before it gets stuck waiting again
for CD, so you might have to hit it repeatedly.

I have heard that John Hogerhuis's HTERM is the consensus best terminal,
but I have not used it yet.

For file transfers, I use dlplus <https://github.com/bkw777/dlplus> (also
originally written by John Hogerhuis, but I believe it is now maintained by
Brian White). Dlplus is nicer than xmodem because it acts like a drive. It
also has a nifty bootstrap mode
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0xx9cOe97s> that gets a binary transfer
program onto your T200. Just run this on your host side and follow the
prompts:

```bash
dlplus -b DSKMGR.200
```

If you are connecting to a UNIX box via TELCOM, I humbly suggest
giving my Tandy
Terminfo <https://github.com/hackerb9/Tandy-Terminfo/> a try.

--b9

P.S. There are other options than DSKMGR.200 if you find it takes too much
space. Use `dlplus -l` to see them.