I'm super interested in those serial problems, but I can't fully grasp John's
phrase below, would you please clarify and elaborate a bit ? > 3 wire is all
the model 100 / 200 actually uses unless you're using HTERM > or you like the
godlike simplicity of the cable check lockup, or you cannot disable the cable
check in software. I often have lockups on my M200, I'm also under the
impression (but I'm no expert yet) that in some way it's serial (in this case
null modem) implementation niside TERM differs from the one of the M102. If I
do a direct null modem (full cable) between a M102 and a M200, with TERM, the
M200 will systematically lockup when the M102 hangs up ( EXIT/F8 ) whereas the
reverse is not true. This with both ends using (or supposed to use) hardware
handshake (and xon/xoff disabled) This is pure observation and might be
specific to my setup, of course. However if you could please elaborate a bit
about how the M10x/M200 uses the serial lines, that would be much appreciated

 I "think" from my hours of fiddling that null modem serial on the M10x/M200
only works reliably with xon/xoff and the hardware only handshake (at least in
TERM) is flaky on the receiving end. I have yet to try HTERM. (It's for sure on
my todo)