Thanks Birt, I'm actually one of your subscribers :) , but in this case I watch
youtube mostly on my smart tv, and it cuts the titles of the videos after 6 or
7 words, actually I think the iphone app does that too ; and so because of the
title I did not realize this particular video was about ccr 82 - I must have
missed it. I'll have a look. I think my belts were initially too tight when I
put them in, but now - like only 1 year later - they are way too loose. Which
means those cheap "assorted belts" out of Amazon are a heap of cr$$ - which
probably isn't a surprise to anyone. It's not an easy device to disassemble
iirc, so I'd rather do it once and for all now, with the super proper belts. Le
2023-01-14 21:45, bir...@soigeneris.com a écrit : > > > > I just made a video
about the CCR-82. Link below. The belt dimensions are in the video description.
In the Links section of the description are links to the company who makes the
belts and the distributor I bought them from. A very unscientific specification
is ‘just tight enough to do the job’. Since very little power is being
transmitted little tension is needed. Belts should not be tight. This puts too
much tension on the pulleys and wears things out prematurely. > > The quality
of the belt is important too. I have shied away from big sets of random belts
to buying belts of known length and quality. That way they should last for the
rest of my lifetime at least. > > > > > > > > While I got this deck
mechanically working the amplifier IC was bad. I did get a new chip but have
not installed it yet. > > > > > > > > https://youtu.be/aqW6cF-4btI > > Jeff
Birt > > > > > > > > > From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> On Behalf
Of Cedric Amand > Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2023 2:30 PM > To:
m...@bitchin100.com > Subject: [M100] Fixing a CCR 82 the proper way > > > > >
"works" but I know it's absolutely not working well. > > > > > > I initially
changed the belts with a set of assorted belts out of amazon, again this "kinda
works", but they quickly lost their tension, > > > > > > The tape goes way too
slow. > > > > > > I ordered a 3Khz test cassette, but before using it I guess I
have to be confident in my new belts. > > > > > > What would be real, actual,
best belts for the ccr82 ? Exact dimensions seem to be a mystery. > > > > > >
What should be the belt "tension" (tight, super tight, loose ?) > > > > > > > >
for the parts that don't require exotic equipments like small dynamometers, but
if anyone has experiences to share about rejuvenating a CCR82 (or I guess 81)
that would be much appreciated > > > > > > > > > > > > thanks ! > > > >