BKW - is it worth it? Haha - that's an interesting thought process right
there. This is what I do to entertain myself so value of time and parts is
subjective. I'm gonna buy ten times the needed parts, build several
revisions of something and proudly display them all!

If we are gonna go explore "is it worth it" I think it's important to look
at one of the reasons why getting our hands on a NDP was so difficult to
begin with. What exactly are we going todo with them once we have them?
That's a question for Future Brian though, not me since Current Brian
doesn't yet have one.

I like the practical approach of adding U8 to your design. Woz would
approve. In the world of solving problems that no one has by creating
features no one needs I do wonder how this is going to perform when data
needs to span both banks or needs to be copied from one bank to another.
More of a playing with it than an actual situation that needs to be
addressed.

Don't know if you play with any of the Epson hardware or not but I recently
got my hands on an Epson PX-8 128K "smart memory" expansion board. It's got
a whole Z80 in it that acts as the MMU. The system can then treat it as
just an I/O addressable device and it handles everything else. But what do
you get for a computer that has 3 processors already? Another processor for
memory!

The C64 had the GEORAM 512K memory expander and they use to make two
registers in the upper memory address space to expand the address space
available to the 6510. If you read from those address spaces on the
computer they would return random values but when the decode logic did it's
thing it would pull index from those two memory spaces.

Just neat stuff all the way around, but what you were talking about
recently has me curious, we should be able to access known memory locations
on the MiniNDP with some ML calls in basic pretty easily. Then be able to
bootstrap RAM.COM. I saw Paul G. write a few things about it and even make
reference to the idea that read-rom (or whatever the .co was) could be
loaded with some modification.. We should be able to send an I/O READ
command and peek at the address location we want. This seems like a fun
thing to play with.

But thanks for making a NDP I didn't have to pay tons for and fits in my
pocket!

Brian