In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ken Williams) wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tim Sluss) wrote:
> >1) Do we have an Aqua interface yet?
> >2) Do we have Apple script ties? (To use if no Aqua interface.)
> >3) Do we have a good OS X editor that understands perl syntax?
> >4) Porting issues from other unix versions?

> 1) No.

Someone would have to port/build/write extensions.  All the source to
the Mac:: extensions are there, they would need to be ported to Carbon.

> 2) No. (right, Chris?  Does any of the Mac::Glue stuff apply?)

Mac::Glue requires Mac::AppleEvents, Mac::Events, etc., which don't
exist.  I hope they do someday.  Until then, there's the osascript
command-line utility.

I don't have Mac OS X running right now and am too busy this week; it
might be useful for someone to write a wrapper using the same syntax as
MacPerl::DoAppleScript(), but calling osascript.

> 4) Scripts generally work without any changes unless they make iffy
> assumptions about their machine environment.  See http://testers.cpan.org/
> for modules that do/don't work under Darwin.  Most do.

Also see the perlport manpage.

> No doubt zillions of people could chime in on #3. =)

I like cat.  ;-)

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/