In article <p05200f00b9f941ddf9bc@[63.173.138.149]>, Morbus Iff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >you shouldn't have any problem installing any of the
> >dependencies with CPAN.pm though. did you have problems?

> I did, but if you ask me what they were, I've forgotten. I remember running
> the command two or three times, getting different errors on some of the
> dependencies, and then shrugging and moving on.

i'd appreciate any reports you can send me on installation or testing
problems.  just include everything that is output so i can see what is
happening.

> My biggest problem wasn't
> installation, but the sheer amount of dependencies - something like 20
> additional modules needed just for an iTunes parser?

it's not just an iTunes parser.  i only have about 7 explicit dependencies, and
most of those are only for testing.   the bit that does the parsing has one
dependency - MP3::Info.

>  # BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>     blib/lib/Mac/iTunes/AppleScript.pm line 10.
>  # Compilation failed in require at (eval 38) line 2.
>  FAILED--Further testing stopped: Mac::iTunes::AppleScript
>    did not compile make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 35

where does this error come from?

> The very first error I get is in Test::Pod:
>
>  t/pod_ok.......NOK 3# STDERR is:
>  # #     Failed test (t/pod_ok.t at line 36)
>  # # Pod had errors in [t/pod/bad.pod]
>  # # *** WARNING: No numeric argument for =over at
>   line 9 in file t/pod/bad.pod
>  # # *** ERROR: =over on line 9 without closing =back (at
>   head1) at line 13 in file t/pod/bad.pod
>  # # t/pod/bad.pod has 1 pod syntax error.

Test::Pod errors you can ignore.  they don't affect the code.  you
can send them to me so i can fix them though.  which version of
Pod::Checker do you have?

> That starts cascading into errors in Text::Prereq:

the tests are separate, so failures in one should not be connected to
failures in the next one.

>  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>  /Users/morbus/.cpan/build/Test-Prereq-0.18/t/pod.t line 8.

>  Can't locate object method "ARRAY" via package "B::begin_av" at
>  /Library/Perl/B/Module/Info.pm line 49.

> There's probably another fifty cascading errors past that.

that's an error in Module::Info.  it looks like the test will fail, but if
you check the report at the end of the tests, you should see that the
prereq test didn't fail.

the output you see if just Module::Info dumping a lot of information.

> >the XML format doesn't gve you everything that iTunes knows about the
> >mp3 files.  you'll have to look in the "iTunes Music Library" for some of it.
>
> Oh? Any ideas off the top what's missing?

i don't have a list, but Mac::iTunes::FileFormat is everything i know about the
binary format.

> Heh, funny - I'm a huUUge fan of Text::Template, but decided not to
> use it because I wanted the script as standalonish as possible.

standalone means less power. :)