Hi to the list. I just purchased a Epson flatbed scanner model vx30
because of its low cost compared to other scanners. I wanted one that
was affordable to scan my mail.
The only kind of ocr software that came with it is the Abby Fine
Reader version 5. It is not very useable in my view and to upgrade to
the newist version which is 9.0 is just a windows only version.
Anybody out there know if I can use this in my view useless fine
reader as a upgrade path to Omnipage pro x ? When I went and looked at
the iris web page for iris readit pro 11 version to purchase it it
only tells you that this is a upgrade purchase. So I guess if you do
not have a earlier version of readit this is not going to work? I
really need help in finding a good voice over working ocr program for
the Mac. Before anyone suggest I do know about kurzweil 3000 for the
mac since I was a early version 1 tester. Most of the really nice
early mac kurzweil folks back when Kurzweil was not part of anyother
company they were very nice and helpful. I do not have any contacts
anymore inside the company and the program has a lot of non blind user
stuff. It would be a super help if that free mac ocr program was
avilable right now until sometime this summer. Sorry for the long
posting to the list.