This question applies both to the 2nd and the 3rd generations.

So, I take close note here of realizing that to close one of the... well... as
I call them, applets on the device, by applet, I mean any of the things on your
menu, like Netflix, Movies, Hulu, HBO Now, PBX Kids, etc.  Anyway, to close any
of these, you simply either hit your back button until you reach the main home
screen menu, or, you press and hold down the menu key.  I know depending on if
you have the accessibility menu on or off, you then may have one more step to
get to the main menu, but my point still remains either way.

My question is, how do we really truely and honestly know if those applets
really indeed are fully closing?  We don't really have an app switcher/chooser,
nor do we have a process manager/task manager of sort on the device, so really
Apple can say all the doo da day that these apps are closing, but, you know as
well as I, whether you like admitting it or not, that some companies, not
saying just Apple here, I mean this more generalized, have a tendency to
stretch or omit the truth with some things.  I just wonder if maybe the memory
resources are actually not totally being cleared up just by backing out of
something.  I wonder if on the low level end, if there's an accessible way that
we could find out and know for 100% sure what *really!* actually happens when
one backs out of one of those apps.

Kind a makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Chris.