Can this app be used without Foursquare entirely? It sounds useful when I am
able to get an iPhone, but I don't use Foursquare and find those checkin tweets
very annoying from others. Besides, I don't like the idea of my every move
being broadcast to the world. Still, the app's ability to speak street names
and mark commonly used locations seems perfect for my current navigational
needs.
On Oct 25, 2012, at 4:50 PM, "Tammy" <tcl...@rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Okay so I have home set and a couple other places in blind square, but how do
> I get them imported in to foursquare so I can check in to them?
>
> Tammy
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Ilkka Pirttimaa
> Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:29 PM
> To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: Best GPS for me?
>
> You can check-in to Home too, so you will get points :-)
>
> FourSquare will not publish location of your home outside of your
> friends. I just checked that when I'm not logged in, 4sq give overall
> map of the area with text "Since this is a home, the exact location is
> not shared here. This map is of the approximate area."
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Tammy <tcl...@rogers.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you check in there on foursquare as well and have it show up publicly as
>> home or whatever you've called it?
>>

>> Tammy
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Ilkka Pirttimaa
>> Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:29 AM
>>
>> To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
>> Subject: Re: Best GPS for me?
>>
>> I'm glad you like it. Next version is in Apple for review and it
>> support background operation too among other new features.
>>
>> You can add a personal place by going to Tools (second button form top
>> of the screen) and "My places". It gives a list of your places and you
>> can use it as any search result list: Browse places, open for more
>> info, start tracking etc. On top bar there is Add-button.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com