> Hi, we're looking for recommendations for an antispam service we can
> layer in front of our hosted IMAP offering.

> We've tried a few services so far and our testing has found serious
> deficiencies.

We are using PreciseMail from Process (http://www.process.com).
It works as a proxy SMTP service in front of your SMTP.
You can choose most of the functionalities that you have listed

* quarantine with management (auto-purge options)
* content based filtering AND/OR RBLs
* tag or quarantine (single user preference, if you enable it)
* user defined white list (and system and/or domain defined white list)
* anti-virus filter (by a call to your antivirus)
* powerfull meta rules (also by regular expression) OR simple rules.
* a nice web interface for admins and users
* email notification for each user of the quaratined messages (single user
preference)
* user access to quarantined email (if enabled) by email or web interface
* continuos filtering rules updates (by Process)
* total control on the filtering rules by user or admin

You can contact me offlist if you need a more detailed description.

Francesco