Yes.  I at least one other ESP has acknowledge to me that they are
seeing this.  I've also seen this change apparent in some gmail
headers which show the time to delivery.  It appears that Gmail
started to make this change in February.  We became aware of it in
April and things only seem to be getting worse in May.

It looks like they have  slowed the acceptance messages they will
receive in a connection and they will refuse new connections from
being opened.  As this is pre-SMTP and we are using Momentum, we do
not see a temporary failed attempt--we just see delays in sending out.
This does not target any specific IP or IP group--this appears like a
universal speed limit.  This can result in significant delays--I'm not
sure if these effects are known or considered at Gmail.

- J