Am 16.02.24 um 03:37 schrieb Matt Palmer via mailop:
Although I must say that

without reverse DNS
would seem to be the easier blocking option -- when was the last time you
saw legitimate mail from an IP without rDNS?

- Matt

We do that, with some exceptions, as we indeed get some legitimate mail without rDNS. However, there seems to be some issue with our rule-based engine which results in those e-mails not getting the proper 4.7.1 response that we use for missing rDNS.

Since the rule engine is lacking in other areas, too (basically we can't express complex rules based on combinations of triggers), I intend to rewrite it, but that's a volunteer work in my spare time, of which there isn't that much :-)

Cheers,
Hans-Martin