This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
whole list)
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

of the Atlantic Neptune.  It excludes charts and images from volume 4.  In
addition, different states of the images exist and these were compiled into
different atlases.  You might consult the lists compiled by Stephen Hornsby in
his recently published/Surveyors of Empire/.  This book reconstructs the
surveys and policies that led to the creation of the Atlantic Neptune and is a
joy to read.  Hornsby references the National Maritime Museum's collections
(www.nmm.ac.uk), which are available online.

--
S. Max Edelson
Associate Professor of History

-----
I recently purchased a copy of the Barre Publishing Company's 1966-68
reproduction of the Atlantic Neptune. Does anyone know where I can get a
complete
list of the maps and scenes included in the Barre reproduction. I would
like to check if my set is complete.
Michael Hirsch

Maphist mailing list
Maphist@geo.uu.nl