[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> When this was described to MapInfo recently in a meeting as "Buffering
> doesn't work," a lead employee defended Pro by saying, "It works, just not
> in the cosmetic layer." I got the impression that MapInfo was in no hurry
> to release a bug fix as long as there was a work-around (no matter how
> convoluted).

I think this is a complete disgrace and an insult to us MapInfo users
who want to look beyond the find-a-store applikations that seem to be
the prime focus for MapInfo these days.
Buffers, overlays and such are basic tools of the trade for us, and we
must rely on these to work properly in our chosen software.

I have spent several hours (a part of it intended for training) trying
to pinpoint this stupid error and I am very upset.

Not so kind regards (not to the _MI employee_ anyway)
Mats.E