This is something you could do easily if you export your map to Scalable
Vector Graphics (SVG) which provide easy ways to create accurate color
gradients (Radial or Linear). SVG, expressed in XML is a new vector graphics
specification under ratification by the w3c.

Check the following map with linear color gradients for polygons, which is
in gif format but generated using SVG from MapInfo:
http://www.dbxgeomatics.com/groundfish.gif

You can get more info by visiting our technology preview area at:
http://www.dbxgeomatics.com/svg.asp
This area contains an SVG Map Gallery
(http://www.dbxgeomatics.com/svgmapgallery.htm) with quite a few color
gradients samples in SVG format

Regards,

Dany Bouchard

DBx Geomatics
38 de l'Orbite
Hull, Québec
Canada
J9A 3C7
Téléphone/Telephone: 819.743.3870
Télécopieur/Fax: 819.775.3264
Courrier électronique/Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Page Web/Web site: http://www.dbxgeomatics.com/home.asp
Vitrine technologique SVG / SVG Technology Preview:
http://www.dbxgeomatics.com/svg.asp
Utilitaire d'exportation SVG / SVGExport Utility:
http://www.dbxgeomatics.com/SVGExport.htm