Thanks to all the kind help I was able to setup a 25 mile buffer around key
cites and extract the zipcodes within those buffers but I'm still a bit
confused about the output table results.

I wrote a simple query were I selected all fields from both my city table
used as the buffer centerpoints and the zipcode table where the zipcodes obj
were within the 25 mile radius obj. The output table included all the
expected zipcode records but the city records were all blank. A similar join
in the DB2 main frame world I'm used to would have resulted in  matching
city data joined to the zipcodes within the buffer raduis. What am I doing
wrong ?

Steve