We recently installed Office 2000 on all our workstations.  Access 2000
allows you to convert existing databases to the new format or keep in the
old format.  I have found that databases kept in the old format still allow
me to open the Access tables in our version 5.5 Mapinfo.  However, new
databases created in the 2000 version, and old databases converted to the
new version will not open,  The following error message is displayed.
"Microsoft Access Error:  Unrecognized database format 'C:\My Documents\
test2000.mdb.'"

Is  there a patch available for 5.5 that will allow use of Access 2000
tables in MI 5.5?  I didn't see one at the MI site.  If not, I am not a
happy camper as we have many tables in an access backend with MI as a front
end.   Or, we uninstall access 2000 and reinstall access 97.  Any help out
there?

William Woodruff
Zoning Administrator
Charter Township of Union, T14 N R4W, Isabella County, Michigan
(517) 772 4600 ext 41,  FAX (517) 773 1988
http://www.geocities.com/union_twp/ZONING/zoning.htm