From: Christof Kaiser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 9:18 AM
To: 'ALICIA COX'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MI-L Protecting GIS data (cross-posted), reply

> Von:  ALICIA COX [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> Ok.  If I am understanding this conversation...
> If someone successfully copyrights a set of data...
> Then we are buying fictional data?  A set of data that we know there is
> an intentional error in it???
> If the table is purposefully wrong why do we use it, especially if they
> wont even tell you were the error is, Since that spot they have the
> error might be the focus area of the map you are attempting to make.

As long as the intentional error in smaller than the agreed accuracy,
there is no problem.
Just see the intentional error as part of the noise that is in every data.

Lets say the accuracy is one meter. However, the data technically also
contains cm.
So I could think of a 'tell tale' which makes the last cm digit in some
cases to a 7.
I wouldnt call that data corrupted.

Regards
Christof