From: Spatial Decisions [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 November 2003 02:31
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI-L Region thinning.

Hi MapInfo Listers

I have been trying to "thin" (simplify) a MapInfo table of complex abutting
region objects using the MapInfo Professional "Snap/Thin" tool.  The result
leaves numerous gaps/overlaps in the created regions and is therefore an
unsatisfactory result.

Short of redrawing the boundary files manually (painstakingly either by
removing nodes or tracing with reduced complexity), I was wondering if there
is a tool (preferably free) out there that may be known to someone which
will achieve the desired result (reduced complexity, therefore reduced file
size) without the MI Pro result of gaps/overlaps.  I have searched the
"Tools" area on DirectionsMag without any success.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Tony Maber
Manager - Business Services