You are doing missing the point I guess - or should I say the backslash ;-)

This is what you have written as the command line in UltraEdit:
D:Program FilesMapInfoMI_Compile.bat" "%p%n"

I guess it should be like this:
"D:\Program Files\MapInfo\MBX_Compiler.bat" "%p%n"

or at least it should be the name and path of the bat file that you say you
have created in the MapBasic directory

HTH,
Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM