Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:56:30 -0700
From: "Cummings, Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [MI-L] Re: Looping in MapInfo MapBasic Window
To: "Hughes, Colleen / Don Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com>
I know that I am coming to the party late. I'm not exactly sure what you what to do. I don't know if what I have can be of use or that it is "general enough" for your use. Years ago, I wrote a MBX that would either change the symbol of an object based on the column "status_cod" or create a thematic map. I used a reference table to store the symbol information. There is a limit of 255 symbols in the thematic maps.
Since all the mbx does it look for named columns in two tables of data, I think this might work for you. I haven't looked at the code & I might have to change some paths.. and if all you want to do is change symbols based on a criteria it should work.