We are now accepting applications for the postgraduate course in Applied Marine
and Fisheries Ecology at the University of Aberdeen (starting September 2009).
The course is a 12-month unique programme offered in partnership with The
Scottish Fisheries Research Services leading to a MSc, MRes, or PgDip degree.

This interdisciplinary course, taught by both academics and front-line
government fisheries scientist, will equip students with the knowledge and
tools needed to meet the challenges of the ecosystem-based management paradigm
and find new solutions to manage our natural resources.

Key features of the programme:
* Optional modules over a wide range of disciplines from marine top predator
ecology to environmental economics and more
* A range of professional practitioners and academic staff are involved in
teaching
* Develop both your quantitative and biological skills
*Added value experiences: gaining a sea survival certification and the
possibility of participating in FRS surveys
*Interactive teaching: student led debates and presentations are an integrated
part of the curriculum

The University of Aberdeen, being one of Scotland's oldest academic
institutions has been producing excellent students since 1495. Aberdeen is an
international university built on serving one of the most dynamic regions of
Europe. The latest UK Research Assessment Exercise (2008) judged that 89% of
Aberdeen's research activity is of international quality and 55% is world
leading or internationally excellent.

For more information visit our website at http://www.abdn.ac.uk/fisheco or
contact the course coordinators (Beth Scott: b.e.sc...@abdn.ac.uk or David
Lusseau: d.luss...@abdn.ac.uk).

Dr. David Lusseau
Lecturer in Marine Populations

University of Aberdeen
School of Biological Sciences
Zoology Bldg, Tillydrone Avenue
Aberdeen, AB24 2TZ, UK
Phone: (0)1224 272843

Website: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/ibes/staff/d.lusseau

Find out more about our MSc in Applied Marine and Fisheries Ecology at
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/fisheco

Ecology theme: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/ibes/research/ecology/