Due to cancellations in the registrations, we would like to re-open the registration for a workshop on Marine Mammal Stress and research to be held on Saturday, November 26^th prior to at the 19th Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals in Tampa, FL. Please go to this website to sign up for this workshop: http://www.marinemammalscience.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=590&Itemid=336 <http://www.marinemammalscience.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=590&Itemid=336>

Title: Effects of Stress on Marine Mammals

Both technological advancements in stress measures and needed stress-related research are of keen interest to the marine mammal community as stress-related factors must be considered in surveys, experimental designs, data interpretations, regulatory decisions, and conservation efforts.

The workshop will have two sessions where participants are invited to present their work.This is not mandatory, but is an opportunity for participants to obtain input and/or feedback on their research.In one session, we will have a limited number of 15 -- 20 minute presentations.In the other session, we will have up to 18 presentations that follow a rapid delivery format of 5 minutes each.If you are interested in making a presentation, I would like to request abstracts of no more than 250 words from you.The organizing committee will evaluate the abstracts and make selections to complete our agenda. Please let me know if you would like to be considered for one of the 15-20 minute presentations or for one of the 5 minute presentations.

This workshop is organized by: Drs. Shannon Atkinson, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Dan Crocker, Sonoma State University, Frances Gulland, The Marine Mammal Center, Dorian Houser, Biomimetica, and Michael Weise, Office of Naval Research.

For more information contact Shannon Atkinson at atkin...@sfos.uaf.edu <mailto:atkin...@sfos.uaf.edu>