Dear Colleagues

Scholarship news of interest to MARMAM people.

As we get ready for the holidays, we have good news to share in that we have
secured significant funding to support Scholarships for our suite of 1 year
Masters Programmes of which we are so justifiably proud here at the Centre for
Ecology and Conservation (University of Exeter)
http://biosciences.exeter.ac.uk/cec/ Here we have quite a few academics working
on marine vertebrates: Stuart Bearhop, Annette Broderick, Lucy Hawkes, Andy
McGowan, Steve Votier, Matthew Witt and myself as well as a large cadre of
postdocs and graduate students.

Details follow, please share with your friends and colleagues around the world
and encourage them to do the same. We are keen to attract the best and
brightest people working on marine vertebrates.

With kind regards

Brendan

We know that funding is a major part of the decision to pursue postgraduate
study and to help with this we are delighted to offer a range of awards for
students looking to enrol on one of our taught Masters programmes in 2015. Our
portfolio of programmes includes:

·         MSc Conservation and
Biodiversity<http://biosciences.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/conservation/>

·         MSc Conservation Science and
Policy<http://biosciences.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/conservationscipolicy/>

·         MSc Evolutionary and Behavioural
Ecology<http://biosciences.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/evolutionary/>

·         MSc Applied
Ecology<http://biosciences.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/appliedecology/>

The application deadline for all of the awards below is 30 April 2015.
Award

Value

Description

Conservation, Ecology and Evolution Masters Distinction
Scholarships<http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=1657>

£5,000

The Conservation, Ecology and Evolution Masters Distinction Scholarships are
available for top performing students enrolling on the MSc Conservation and
Biodiversity, MSc Conservation Science and Policy, MSc Evolutionary and
Behavioural Ecology or MSc Applied Ecology.

Masters Distinction
Scholarships<http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=1522>

£5,000

Masters Distinction Scholarships are available for top performing students who
accept a place to study an eligible taught Masters programme.

Africa Masters Excellence
Awards<http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=1525>

£2,000

The Africa Masters Excellence Awards are available for top performing
applicants who are resident of an African country and who accept a place to
study an eligible taught Masters programme.

China Masters Excellence
Awards<http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=1523>

£2,000

The China Masters Excellence Awards are available for top performing applicants
who are resident of China and who accept a place to study an eligible taught
Masters programme.

US Masters Excellence
Awards<http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=1524>

£2,000

The US Masters Excellence Awards are available for top performing applicants
who are resident of the US and who accept a place to study an eligible taught
Masters programme.

Prof. Brendan J. Godley
Chair in Conservation Science
Centre for Ecology & Conservation