dear all, I would thank all those who offered photos of bowhead whales for
the guide of our Museum.
I thank you all for your kind contributes. Some good images have been
chosen among those sent by NOAA and we will acknowledge the contributor
directly.

With regard to the history of the bones of our Museum, I can tell you that
they arrived in 1783 sent to Lazzaro Spallanzani by Giuseppe Alessandro
Brambilla, surgeon of the emperor of Austria Joseph II. According to Luigi
Cagnolaro (our major whales expert, who died few years ago), these are the
only bones from Greenland whales found in an Italian museum.

See article:
http://www.anms.it/upload/rivistefiles/8ceb9cfdb332f5c4d3d8ca7d69c6ccfb.pdf
  (I'm sorry it is in italian)

with my kindest regards