Good afternoon,

We at the Marine and Freshwater Research Institute in Hafnarfjörður, Iceland,
are looking for a postdoc/researcher to work on projects related to marine
mammal bycatch.
The main responsibilities are to participate in two recently funded EU Life and
Horizon projects, CIBBRiNA and Marine Beacon, along with participating in other
marine mammal related projects and tasks at the MFRI. Our component within
Marine Beacon focuses on bycatch risk assessment in Icelandic waters, using a
combination of species distribution modelling and sightings surveys along with
fishing effort data to highlight bycatch risk. The work within the CIBBRiNA
project focuses on mitigation measures, including field trials of mitigation
measures in gillnet fisheries and review work on available mitigation tools.

Experience and knowledge of R is required. Experience with conducting risk
assessments and running species distribution models is an asset.

See more details here:
https://www.researchgate.net/job/1006219_Postdoctoral_scientist_Research_scientist_in_Marine_Biology

The position is a fixed term position for 4 years at our headquarters in
Hafnarfjörður, just outside Reykjavík in southwest Iceland. Deadline for
applications is the 18th of January.

All the best,
Gudjon

----
Guðjón Már Sigurðsson, Ph.D, M.Sc.
Sjávarlíffræðingur / Marine biologist
Uppsjávarsviði / Pelagic division
Hafrannsóknastofnun / Marine and Freshwater Research Institute
Hafnarfjörður, Iceland
gud...@hafogvatn.is<mailto:gud...@hafogvatn.is>
+354 575-2113