>Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:53:02 +1000 (EST)
>Subject: East Timor Petition
>Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>A-Approval: Mail Approver v2.1uc
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: Professor Andrew Lian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>A-Approved: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>The Vice-Chancellor Professor Don Aitkin and the Pro-Vice-Chancellor of
>the Division of Communication and Education, Professor Peter Putnis, have
>given their approval for a special website relating to East Timor to be
>set up on our School's Web server.
>
>The website consists of an electronic petition urging all governments,
>particulary the government of the United States, to provide full
>commitment to an armed intervention peace force to be sent to East Timor.
>
>If you wish to sign the petition, you may do so by connecting to:
>
>http://www.slie.canberra.edu.au/East_Timor/index.cfm
>(direct connection)
>or through the School's homepage:
>http://www.slie.canberra.edu.au
>
>The website is fully supported by the East Timor Foundation (chaired by
>Professor Michael Wagner of the University of Canberra).
>
>Please feel free to forward this message (or part of it) to individuals or
>lists who might wish to participate.
>
>Best wishes,
>Andrew Lian
>

>Professor Andrew Lian
>Head, School of Languages and International Education
>Professor of Languages and Second Language Education
>Division of Communication and Education
>University of Canberra, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
>International phone: +61 2 6201 5010,
>International fax:   +61 2 6201 5089
>e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://education.canberra.edu.au/~andrewl/mlapl

-
Michael Booth
Associate Lecturer
Faculty of Communication
University of Canberra                     Ph:  61 02 6201 2161 (w)
61 02 6249 1716 (h)
Canberra, ACT, 2601                     Fax:  61 02 6201 5119
 AUSTRALIA                                      Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                        I Know
                                                It's Only Rock'n'Roll.
                                                        But I like it,