Hi Bob

Interesting and informative. Can you tell me what --in the main-- was the outcome of
the
Indonesian elections. How did Megawatti fare etc.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~beprepared/

Bob writes
A speculative answer to the very real weirdness of all this:

1)  Habibie did want rid of East Timor - for both economic and foreign
policy reasons.

2)  Habibie gave the referendum the go-ahead in May.

3)  Then comes the Indonesian election - it's everything the ideal-type
Indonesian general would hate: