I looked forward to Daniel Gaido and Velia Luparello’s article “Strategy and Tactics in a Revolutionary Period: U. S. Trotskyism and the European Revolution, 1943–1946″ in the latest “Science and Society” for a couple of reasons. To start with, I was familiar with and thoroughly relished Gaido’s dismantling of Charles Post’s “The American Road to Capitalism” in the April 2013 “Science and Society”, so much so that I read Gaido’s “The Formative Period of American Capitalism” as a follow-up. (Despite being Argentinian, Gaido has an excellent grasp of the peculiarities of American history.) I was also very interested in any discussion of the Goldman-Morrow tendency in the SWP since I had written an article about 15 years ago defending their analysis of how European politics would evolve with the collapse of fascism. Gaido and Luparello’s article is also sympathetic to Goldman and Morrow but from a somewhat different perspective than mine.

full: http://louisproyect.org/2014/09/29/comments-on-strategy-and-tactics-in-a-revolutionary-period-u-s-trotskyism-and-the-european-revolution-1943-1946/
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu