#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I assume this has been on in cinemas in the States?  Very good little movie
about the gay organisation in support of the miners during the great
British miners' struggle with Thatcher in 1984-85:

https://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/four-things-we-can-learn-from-pride/

Less political, because it was made as a commercial 'feelgood' movie was
Made in Dagenham, about the strike by women workers at Fords Dagenham in
1968.  This was one of the three working class women's struggles often
credited with providing the inspiration for the formation of the British
women's liberation movement.  The following piece which I did a few years
back looks at the movie, the actual strike and the
social-political-economic context:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/class-gender-the-1960s-and-made-in-dagenham/

Interestingly, of the 1,020 articles we now have up on Redline, the one on
Ford Dagenham has had the 9th most hits!